This blog has been such a fun undertaking the last 6 months and I’m so glad I finally “got off the bench” and went for it! What started as an outlet for writing has become a place I come to process, share ideas & recipes, gain incredible insight into motherhood, and meet some amazing new people! I have recently reached some wordpress “milestones” (50th post, 20th follower) – big accomplishments for this little blogger – and I was recently nominated for Versatile Blogger Award by a fellow blogger & friend! First, there are some rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award & include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate (award) those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
First of all, thank you to my friend Joy at One Joyous Heart for nominating me & sharing her heart for God and her daughters with the blogging world.
I have to admit, that I am not a part of the blog-o-sphere enough yet to have 15 nominations (just discovered subscriptions, y’all!), but the nominations that I have are ones that I read (and love) regularly. Some blog often, some just every so often, but they all have wonderful things to say & share:
1. Nina Badzin’s Blog: creative writer & mom – humorous & insightful!
2. Becoming Jolie: my first e-friend (and really my inspiration for finally taking the blog “plunge”)…someday we WILL hang out in person, Jolie! 😉 – she is so cute & witty, check out her blog today!
3. Science of Mom: looking at motherhood from a scientific perspective – always interesting!
4. The Soulsby Farm: small farm with great info & ideas
5. Seed to Salad: a fellow home-gardener (with a focus on healthy eating!)
6. Sarcastic Cooking: sweet, funny, short stories & yummy recipes (I have a long list of emails in my inbox waiting to be tried & taste-tested!)
7. LadyLee in Process: another mom who tells sweet stories & takes lovely pictures
8. Mamacita Spins the Globe: another mom blog (found on Pinterest) with incredible ideas for teaching your kids geography – so creative & fun!
I’ve tried to pick blogs who haven’t received the nomination before (as far as I know). Apologies to any of you who have already had this award. And of course all my nominees are free to ignore my nomination if they don’t do awards. 🙂
And now…7 random things about myself 😉
1. I’ve never watched Forest Gump or The Goonies.
2. I have stick-straight hair – I hated it when I was a kid, now I love it.
3. At one point in my long journey of picking a degree/career (still not really sure what I “want to be when I grow up”) I thought about being an architect or a children’s book illustrator.
4. In college I hiked to the top of Mt. St. Helen’s! It was incredible & our group was one of the last to be allowed to the rim as it started smoking & showing other signs of becoming “active” not long after.
5. I taught high school Biology (before deciding to stay home with my daughter) and was often mistaken for a student (by fellow faculty, lunch ladies, parents, etc). I’ve been told I will appreciate this misconception as I get older 😉
6. I’m a sucker for science fiction.
7. I am an introvert. To the core.
The end. 🙂
Thanks for reading!